Custom Search

Friday, February 11, 2011

From the General's Paw



Time for an update!

My Mom took the attached photo on Sunday night before my surgery on Monday. One last time to destroy the evil enemy--a roll of Charmin. She talked to me about what was in store, but she didn't tell me everything. I went to Hillcrest Animal Hospital on Monday morning. The rest is a blur. I was supposed to stay for two nights but with the blizzard coming, my Mom picked me up on Tuesday afternoon. Offering hugs, kisses and a lot of love, she was so happy to take me home.

I must admit, I'm treated pretty well. She warms my towels in the dryer, I've been given "can" food during my recovery and I get lots of treats during the day and LOTS of LOVE. Everyone thinks I'm pretty special.

The ladies tell me that the Churchill Chapter supports spaying and neutering. I wish I had known that before they adopted me as their mascot. Last year Sherrell Snodgrass and Beverly Webb donated their time and resources to help out the Veterans at the at the Arkansas Veteran's Home with their kitties. You see, they had adopted some of my friends and while they took really good care of them, funds were not available for sterilization. That's where the ladies came in. As a project of the Chapter the ladies, with the help of FURR took care of the kitties and even got medical treatment for one.

There are many ways in which to help Veteran's, but this was indeed a special gift. The gals still collect cat food for the Veteran's. A delivery was made in December along with toiletries, magazines and money to support their Christmas party.

I think it's time for a nap. Mom...where's my warm towel?

General T. J. Churchill

1 comment:

  1. Goodness he sure has grown! He is so lucky that you are taking such good care of him.

    ReplyDelete