Custom Search

Sunday, November 14, 2010

From the General's Paw


I never knew what was waiting for me when my Mom and Angela Grimmett found me in the flowerbed in late September. I was tiny—only about 5 ½ weeks old and a little shy but when Sherrell Snodgrass visited later that day I was a bit more brave. My new Mom saw me and her heart melted. She picked me up and I purred softly. I have a way with the ladies… Dad sternly said “No more cats in the house.” So, I moved right in! It didn’t take long for him to warm up to me.

I attended the October UDC meeting and now I have my work cut out for me as the official mascot of the General T. J. Churchill Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy. I’m getting pretty good with the computer but Mom’s fingers keep getting in my way. She said that you ladies will be collecting items for the Arkansas Veterans Home in November for a delivery for Veteran’s Day. Don’t forget my pals over there. Cat food is always appreciated.

Just call me T. J. Watch for more news on the blog and in future newsletters. Gotta go…time for a nap.

General T. J. Churchill

1 comment: